British & MSA Championships NEW tech regs

General Discussion Forum - AWDC Business, Rules & Regulations, Any other AWDC related discussions..

Moderator: Moderators

Vic PALMER
Regular

British & MSA Championships NEW tech regs

Post by Vic PALMER » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:35 pm

Information for AWDC members New MSA regs for the above championships national A (BCC) .The new regs do not effect the clubmans run alongside the MSA BRITISH CROSS- COUNTRY.
2009 Blue Book [C(b)] page 150. There must be provision for fuel samples to be taken as close to the engine as possible Fuel inj engines must have a dry break fuel sampling coupling FIA approved type
this incl diesels.Carburetter cars must also have provision for fuel sampling. The above regs only apply to BRITISH MSA CHAMPIONHIP EVENTS!!!!!! Please read the regs as this was pointed out to us at scutineers seminar we thought it was just for rally cars!!! This information will be on the BCC site . while on the subject if you are log booking your car for stage rally you will need to get it weighed (with ticket)and the above rules will apply from 01/01/2009.if your car is already log booked you have till 2012 to get the above done.

Hope this helps
Vic & Robbo

weebroon
Regular

Re: British & MSA Championships NEW tech regs

Post by weebroon » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:13 pm

Hi Vic

I do a number of timed trials with the ALRC every year in my class c trialer, will this affect me ?

Confused as always regarding the blue book.

Nick
I would rather have a bad days trialing than a good day at work

Vic PALMER
Regular

Post by Vic PALMER » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:35 pm

Hi Nick not unless it is " A British & MSA Championship"which i doubt that it is
Vic

weebroon
Regular

Post by weebroon » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:12 pm

Cheers Vic
I would rather have a bad days trialing than a good day at work

Dave Bakewell
Regular

Post by Dave Bakewell » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:40 pm

fuel sampling couplings do not apply to Cross Country events, and therefore need not be fitted.
Just read this on the marches site is it true ?

Vic PALMER
Regular

Post by Vic PALMER » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:39 pm

Until i hear direct from the msa you need it the last i heard from the MSA was that if you go to there web site click on British & MSA Championships if it is listed as a championship you need it. What is going on is a play on wording .the MSA tech people at the scrutineers seminar gave me the information until i hear from them not the bcc you still need it as soon as i know if there is any change i will tell you
Vic

Vic PALMER
Regular

Post by Vic PALMER » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:52 pm

I have been in contact with the MSA about the dry break couplings and had a reply from Michael Duncan(Technical Administrator MSA) they now say you do not need them for BCCC. This does not mean that you do not come under the normal rules for fuel testing if another competitor puts in a protest or the MSA turn up at an event you still have to supply a fuel samples Blue book Organisers (A) A82, A83, A90 .We supply the containers It is down to you to supply the samples and to do the work ,engine being hot is not an excuse. The dry break coupling just makes it easier and safer but you do not have to fit them. But !!! you can still be asked to supply fuel samples .There are no rules to say you cannot fit them if you want to it is up to you.
Vic