Challenge Events for 2011 - Driver Poll

Challenge Events Discussion / Event Details, Changes Etc

Moderator: Moderators

What mix of Challenge Events do you want for 2011?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:26 pm

4 Howlin' Wolf + 4 XTC - all rounds to count for title
36%
5 Howlin' Wolf + 3 XTC - Best 4 from 5 for Howlin Wolf, all XTC to count
9%
6 Howlin' Wolf + 2 XTC - Best 5 from 6 for Howlin Wolf, non Championship XTC
55%

Total votes: 11

Neil Whitford
Regular

Challenge Events for 2011 - Driver Poll

Post by Neil Whitford » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Whilst the XTC is slowly building a respectable driver entry, it is still a bit like pulling teeth and the attitude seems to be that people are doing it to 'Support Us' which is not what we want.

We want to deliver the events that the drivers want to do. So now is your chance to vote on the mix for next year. Feel free to add your thoughts to the thread as well as vote but please don't ask for more than eight events.

This poll does not relate to the Challenger series as it will be up to Paul & Lucy and their team to decide what they do.

Rightfoot
4x4: Land Rover

Re: Challenge Events for 2011 - Driver Poll

Post by Rightfoot » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:09 pm

Neil,

There is one other (theoretical) option that you've not offerred - 8 Howlin Wolf and no XTC!

I think that if the 6 + 2 option is chosen you may get more XTC entries if you had the two events in July and November. Some comments I've heard from the challenge based vehicles is that XTC is more damaging than the challenges, and this would give more time for repairs / rebuilds.

Jonathan

saley
4x4: challenge trucks

Re: Challenge Events for 2011 - Driver Poll

Post by saley » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:53 am

I have voted for 4 + 4, this is because I would like 4 or more Xtc events, but only being 4 howling wolfs would put me of doing them same as this year,I would be more likely to do the series if it was 6 rounds but I can also do the Cheviot,Buxton and district and Lrs challenge serises but your the only Xtc type event. I know you said don't ask for more but 6 + 4 would be the best for me.